Use this teacher page to access links and resources needed at school or at home. If you would like anything added to this page or the school website, email your requests to Steven Palmer or Sherry Beaman.
EasyCBM Login – monitor progress in ELA and Math
Edivate (PD360) – Sumter School District’s Professional Development Platform
iPad Apps – Student iPads – master list of apps available on student iPads
Website Information Form – Use this form to submit content that you would like added to the school website.
Google Classroom – Assign students classwork and homework digitally to access on Chromebooks, iPads, computers, or other devices.
Nearpod – Create and use online presentations with interactive features such as polls, video, drawing tools, quizzes, etc.
Learn 360 – Streaming Video – check with the media specialist for login information.
PowToon – create animated presentations
Renaissance Place – Accelerated Reader
Socrative – Create and give online quizzes. Track data.
Symbaloo – create web mixes.
Contact Jamie Lessard through her website and schedule a time for her to assist with using technology in your classroom. Here is the link to her page and calendar: https://goo.gl/S2QNeY.
- Chromebook carts and Chromebooks should stay in the classroom that they are assigned.
- Please encourage students to use the student webpage to access links and websites. You may want to have them add it as their homepage on Chrome. Please contact Steven Palmer if you would like any student links added to the student page.
- Classroom Rules for Chromebooks Slideshow
- For Chromebook issues, contact Steven Palmer or Sarah Wright
- The iPad has 30 iPads for student use. The cart is located in the media center and can be signed out in 1-week increments.
- The entire cart must be signed out. Individual iPads can not be signed out.
- See the school media specialist for more information.
- Cherryvale has two ActivTables for student use and work well as a station for math or ELA. ActivTables can be signed out in the media center and can be rolled to the classroom.
What are the arts?
The arts include six areas: Creative Writing, Dance, Media Art, Music, Theater, and Visual Art.
Cherryvale is an Arts in Basic Curriculum (ABC) Site and receives funding from the SC Arts Commission to fund opportunities and instruction in the arts for all students. The arts empower students to express themselves within all academic areas. The arts are used as instructional tools in ELA, Science, Social Studies, and Math. Music and Visual Art are considered core subjects by the federal government in the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015.