The purpose of the Cherryvale Falcon Chorus is to provide students with high quality music instruction. Musically, students will learn proper singing techniques and age-appropriate repertoire while also developing advanced listening skills. Along with singing, students will develop performance skills as they perform in the local community. Socially, students will have opportunities to build stronger friendships with peers and develop self-esteem and character.
Attendance at all rehearsals is very important for the success of the group. Please review the following expectations:
- Excused Absences: A written notice including the date, the reason for the absence, and a PARENT signature is needed for an excused absence.(Family trip, Appointments, Emergencies, Special Family/School Occasions are examples of excused absences.)
- Unexcused Absences: If notice is not given by a PARENT – absences are recorded as unexcused.
- Three unexcused absences will result in removal from chorus
**ALL STUDENTS WILL BE PICKED UP AFTER REHEARSALS AT 4:00 IN THE CAR-RIDER PICK-UP AREA BEHIND THE SCHOOL!**
If you are going to be in school…be at chorus practice!
We count on all members to be present at performances. In order to maintain a high level of performance, attendance is required for all performances. If you are going to be absent or late to a performance, please inform Mr. Palmer BEFORE the performance. Only on extreme emergencies will a student be excused for missing a performance. Otherwise, missing a performance will result in removal from chorus.
Please make the necessary arrangements to be at ALL performances ahead of time. You will have dates and times of performances well in advance.
Students will receive a rehearsal and performance schedule. Reminders will also be sent home at least a week or two in advance of a performance. Please adhere to the schedule. Should any additional rehearsals become necessary, you will receive the information in advance. Chorus students are responsible for taking all notes and information home. Information is always available in the music room and on the school website.
As information about performance opportunities becomes available, you will be informed in writing. We do take requests to perform. If the request comes within a reasonable time ahead of the performance date, we will try to honor that date if at all possible. Information about performances marked TBA on the schedule will be provided when the information becomes available.
INFORMATION or CONCERNS CALL
Cherryvale Elementary School 494-8200 ext. 140
- Website: http://ces.sumterschools.net (Click on “directory,” locate Steven Palmer and click “biography and classes” to find the chorus page)
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- SCHOOL CANCELLATION: If school is cancelled on a day chorus is scheduled there will be no chorus.
- A DELAY of the School Day for inclement weather will not interfere with chorus practice.
- PERFORMANCE on day of bad weather: Listen for announcements at school and look for notes sent home with your child.
- Uniforms need to be worn at all of our performances unless otherwise noted.
- All students will be provided with a chorus vest to wear over a white long-sleeve collared button up shirt with Khaki pants and black dress shoes.
- No open toed shoes!