Use this teacher page to access links and resources needed at school or at home. If you would like anything added to this page or the school website, email your requests to Steven Palmer or Sherry Beaman.
Leader In Me School Initiative
Click Here to log in to The Leader In Me website for lesson plans, videos, and instructional materials.
7 Habits for kids:
Habit 1 — Be Proactive You’re in Charge of You – I am a responsible person.
I take initiative. I choose my actions, attitudes, and moods. I do not blame others for my wrong actions. I do the right thing without being asked, even when no one is looking.
Habit 2 — Begin with the End in Mind – Have a Plan
I plan ahead and set goals. I do things that have meaning and make a difference. I am an important part of my classroom and contribute to my school’s mission and vision. I look for ways to be a good citizen.
Habit 3 — Put First Things First – Work First, Then Play
I spend my time on things that are most important. This means I say no to things I know I should not do. I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan. I am disciplined and organized.
Habit 4 — Think Win-Win – Everyone Can Win
I balance courage for getting what I want with consideration for what others want. I make deposits in others’ Emotional Bank Accounts. When conflicts arise, I look for third alternatives.
Habit 5 — Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood – Listen Before You Talk
I listen to other people’s ideas and feelings. I try to see things from their viewpoints. I listen to others without interrupting. I am confident in voicing my ideas. I look people in the eyes when talking.
Habit 6 — Synergize – Together Is Better
I value other people’s strengths and learn from them. I get along well with others, even people who are different than me. I work well in groups. I seek out other people’s ideas to solve problems because I know that by teaming with others we can create better solutions than anyone of us can alone. I am humble.
Habit 7 — Sharpen The Saw – Balance Feels Best
I take care of my body by eating right, exercising and getting sleep. I spend time with family and friends. I learn in lots of ways and lots of places, not just at school. I find meaningful ways to help others.
EasyCBM Login – monitor progress in ELA and Math
Edivate (PD360) – Sumter School District’s Professional Development Platform
iPad Apps – Student iPads – master list of apps available on student iPads
Website Information Form – Use this form to submit content that you would like added to the school website.
Google Classroom – Assign students classwork and homework digitally to access on Chromebooks, iPads, computers, or other devices.
Nearpod – Create and use online presentations with interactive features such as polls, video, drawing tools, quizzes, etc.
Learn 360 – Streaming Video – check with the media specialist for login information.
PowToon – create animated presentations
Renaissance Place – Accelerated Reader
Socrative – Create and give online quizzes. Track data.
Symbaloo – create web mixes.
Contact Jamie Lessard through her website and schedule a time for her to assist with using technology in your classroom. Here is the link to her page and calendar: https://goo.gl/S2QNeY.
- Chromebook carts and Chromebooks should stay in the classroom that they are assigned.
- Please encourage students to use the student webpage to access links and websites. You may want to have them add it as their homepage on Chrome. Please contact Steven Palmer if you would like any student links added to the student page.
- Classroom Rules for Chromebooks Slideshow
- For Chromebook issues, contact Steven Palmer or Sarah Wright
- The iPad has 30 iPads for student use. The cart is located in the media center and can be signed out in 1-week increments.
- The entire cart must be signed out. Individual iPads can not be signed out.
- See the school media specialist for more information.
- Cherryvale has two ActivTables for student use and work well as a station for math or ELA. ActivTables can be signed out in the media center and can be rolled to the classroom. Contact Steven Palmer for ActivTable Training.